Saturday, November 29, 2008

Just go around back.

I am at times astounded by our willingness to believe the improbable. Nigerian scams come to mind.

I think Nigerian scams become more plausible as you become more successful. If you run a company and someone sends you an email imploring help discretely moving about large sums of money... well that is at least vaguely believable. If you program in a dark cubicle such as myself, well you have to ask yourself if really you are the right man for the job. I mean hell, I can't even balance my checkbook - are you really sure you want me in charge of your swimming pool of cash?

On a different improbable note I remember hearing about the zookeeper who died because of an avalanche of elephant poo suffocating him and never even thought (at the time) that this one might be just a little bit untrue.

Still though, being able to list "Elephant Shit" as your cause of death on your application for a new existence has got to warrant a second look of your resume. A real backdoor approach at reincarnation.

No comments: